I hope you are safe and well. I’m writing this in week 12 of Corona Virus Lockdown. Well I think it’s week 12, but the weeks are merging together at the moment. The last few weeks have been strange – we’ve all been navigating the “new normal” and it feels like there is a different story for every business.
I’ve seen the effects of marketing budgets being cut – I’ve had more projects cancelled, some have been scaled back and some postponed but I’m still thankful that some clients are continuing to research and question their audiences.
I believe it’s more important than ever to be researching your product, your service, your employees, your ads and your brand. So why would you choose to work with me, an independent research consultant rather than a larger agency particularly in these strange times?
Here are FIVE reasons …
- You will be working with someone who is used to being based at home. I’ve been working remotely for almost 5 years. Nothing has changed in my working set-up during the pandemic. All my systems are set up and are working, and will continue to work. There won’t be any remote working hic-cups for you to worry about.
- You will know I’m working with you because I want to, rather than because I’ve been assigned to you from higher up the managerial structure. As an independent consultant, I am able to pick and choose who I work with. I choose to only work with projects or people that really spark my interest, I want to help you get the best out of the data that we collect together.
- You will get the benefits of my 20+ years of research knowledge at all times. I’ll personally manage your project from beginning to end – unlike some agencies where you’ll have initial conversations with a Research Director but the day to day project is run by a Junior Researcher. You will have my dedicated attention at all times during your project.
- You will be working with someone who is used to thinking on their feet. Because I’m the only person in my business, I’m used to having to problem solve quickly – and often in areas that aren’t necessarily my area of expertise (ie I’m the one who has to fix my broken printer or work out whether I can take advantage of a new accounting scheme).
- You will get a completely personalised service. I don’t sell one-size-fits-all packages. We’ll discuss your objectives and you’ll get a bespoke research package tailored to your individual situation.
It’s now more important than ever to keep asking, listening and understanding behaviour, perceptions and opinions. If you would like to chat through what research you could be doing right now, then get in touch for a chat.